The Rochester Airshow is back for 2023
Featuring the world famous USAF Thunderbirds! Come experience the excitement and the exhilaration this August 12th & 13th at the Greater Rochester International Airport.
What are the hours of the airshow?
Gates will open at 9:30am to the general public and will close at 6:00pm.
When will the USAF Thunderbirds be performing?
Flying begins at 10AM. The Thunderbirds will be the final performance of the day.
Can I bring a lawn chair or blanket?
Seating is not included with general admission to the Airshow. There will be limited reserved seating available for $15 per chair and can be purchased in advance, or if available, on the day of the show. You are welcome to bring your own chair or blanket.
Where Should I Park?
Please do not try and park at the airport terminal. There is no access from the North side of the airport to the South side where the airshow is being held.
Airshow Road Closures
The following are temporary road closures in effect near the Greater Rochester International Airport (GRIA) during the 2023 Rochester International Airshow.
The following roads are tentatively scheduled to be closed Saturday, August 12th at 8:00AM until Sunday, August 13th at 6:00PM
- Old Beahan Road at Scottsville Road
- Milstead Way at Paul Road
- Wiedner Road at Old Beahan Road
- Avion Drive at Paul Road
- Paul Road from Scottsville Road to Beahan Road
- Patriot Way from Scottsville Road to Old Beahan Road
To promote safety and security, please adhere to the following entry restrictions:
- No coolers
- No portable awnings/tents/ladders
- No alcoholic beverages
- No pets
- No bicycles
- No firearms and weapons of any kind
- No skate boards or in-line skates
- No cooking equipment
- No loose ice
- No scooters (except for physically challenged persons)
- ** No food, drinks or coolers of any kind except for one sealed bottle of water per person
- Bags are subject to search at the entry gate
- Absolutely no smoking, vaping, or e-cigarettes on the airshow grounds
- No drones or UAS vehicles of any kind permitted on the Airshow grounds
- No cans or glass
** If a person had special medical dietary restrictions or requirements, items will be allowed in reasonable quantities if accompanied by a doctor’s note. You will be asked to present your doctor’s note to security upon entry to the event.
The following items are allowed:
- Bags – subject to search
- Portable chairs/lawn chairs
- Cameras, video cameras
- Baby strollers
- Non-motorized wagons
Are there restrooms?
Portable restroom units are available throughout the airshow.
Is there an ATM on premises?
An ATM machine will be available on-site.
Are coolers allowed?
Coolers are not allowed on airshow grounds for security reasons. You cannot bring food, alcohol, or other beverages to the airshow, except for one sealed bottle of water per person.
Large Backpacks and Bags are NOT permitted
Because of security concerns oversized backpacks and large bags are not permitted. All bags and carry in items are subject to search prior to entry. Medical packs are the only exception.
Are pets allowed?
Pets are NOT allowed on airshow grounds, unless they are a certified service animal for the disabled.
Is there shade?
The airshow is held under an open sky. We encourage everyone to bring sunglasses, sunscreen, and hats. There is very little shaded area.
What if it rains?
The airshow will not be canceled because of rain. Performers usually have various routines for different types of weather. Aircraft displays and vendor booths are available if it is raining. Umbrellas are welcome.
Do I Need Ear Protection?
Airshows can be very loud and exciting, so we encourage you to protect your hearing. Hearing protection is especially important for young children.
Can I re-enter the airshow?
You cannot leave and re-enter the show freely. Some exceptions are made for extraordinary circumstances. But there are no guarantees. Please plan accordingly.
When should I arrive to the show?
The gates open at 9:30AM. Flying begins around 10:30AM. Arrive early to view all the performances and static displays. The flying portion of the Airshow concludes around 4:00PM.
Can I smoke at the airshow?
No. Every aircraft is full of fuel, therefore no smoking is permitted.
Yes, the airshow is handicapped accessible. Depending on the weather conditions, the grass areas can be traversed by wheel chairs and scooters.
Can I get an airplane ride?
For information on times and locations of airplane rides, please visit National WarPlane Museum.
Tips For A Great Day!
- Wear comfortable shoes. Be prepared to walk – the runway is lengthy.
- Bring hearing protection, especially for the kids.
- Feel free to bring portable chairs and umbrellas.
- You may bring 1 (one) sealed water bottle per person into the airshow.
- Don’t litter! Litter can be easily ingested up into jet engines. Please throw all litter into a garbage receptacle.
- Bicycles, skateboards, scooters, and inline skates are not permitted on airshow grounds.
- Remember to bring sunscreen, hats and sunglasses. There is little shade available.
- There will be a number of food and beverage booths available.
- Cameras and Camcorders are welcome. Please remember, your camera bags are subject to search.